Weight Loss Surgery in Springfield, OH
Our highly trained barbaric surgeons use the latest and most advanced techniques and technology to perform highly successful weight loss surgery, our office complete over 10 surgeries every month in Springfield, OH. Call today at (937) 717-4884 to get more information on weight loss surgery.
There are many factors that can determine a patient’s eligibility for a weight loss surgical procedure. Such surgeries should never be used as a type of “quick fix” to a weight issue, but should be carefully considered and diligently maintained once complete.
Springfield Weight Management Program at MercyHealth
Accreditated by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), we offer a medically supervised and individualized approach to weight loss. There are a variety of pathways to best meet patients’ weight loss goals and needs including diet, medication as well as minimally invasive, robotic-assisted bariatric surgery.
For more information on the weight-loss surgical procedures offered at Springfield General Surgery, call (937) 717-4884.
Best Candidates for Weight Loss Surgery
The following criteria is often used to help identify ideal candidates for a bariatric surgery:
- Individuals weighing more than 100 lbs. above their optimal body weight
- Those with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher
- Patients with a BMI between 35 and 40 who also possess some sort of obesity-related health condition like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Individuals who have a documented history of unsuccessful weight loss programs or other weight loss methods
- Persons who are committed to making the necessary lifestyle changes after a weight loss surgery, including proper diet and exercise in addition to follow up care from a qualified health professional
- Patients with a solid support system to help them recover from weight loss surgery and continue to implement healthy lifestyle choices after surgery
- Those without an uncontrolled psychological condition
- Individuals who do not have any addictions to drugs or alcohol
Common Types of Bariatric Surgery
There are several different options available to patients considering a weight loss surgery. The most common types of weight loss surgery include:
Nearly all of our bariatric surgeries are now performed robotically. To date, we perform, on average, more than 10 surgeries per month.
Getting Started on Your Weight Loss Journey
It is always important to carefully consider each option in addition to discussing all questions and concerns with a weight-loss surgical specialist. We offer new patient information sessions two times a month. To speak with someone at Springfield General Surgery or sign up for an informational session, please call our area office at (937) 717-4884.
Learn More About Our Weight Loss Resources
Springfield General Surgery offers several resources for our patients to find what weight loss solution works best for them. Springfield Weight Management has recently partnered with Celebrate Medical Weight Loss in order to provide the best care possible to our patients. Review the documents before for more information.
- Celebrate Weight Loss Flyer
- Celebrate Weight Loss Informational Brochure
- Weight Management Information Seminar